Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Timeless

Yea I'm back in Lbn for a few days.

Rifling through the cupboards out of sheer boredom, I came across some old cassettes. (Yea, I know what you're thinking...do such things still exist?! haha)

There was one cassette in Mandarin and since I'm bored (oh no, repeating the same word twice already), decided to play it; not knowing if it will still work because the tape might be dirty since it hasn't been played for years (if you still remember what it was like to play cassettes).

The 1st song that came out was this really overplayed song in my church during the song's popularity 5-7 years ago. Those who grew up in church MUST know this song cuz it's really famous in a way.

Never mind that the song on the cassette was in Mandarin...just a few notes into the song, the lyrics just flooded back...because it's impossible to forget this song!

My life is in You, Lord,
My strength is in You Lord
My hope is in You, Lord, in You, it's in You (Repeat)

I will praise You with all of my heart
I will praise You with all of my mind
With all of my life, and all of my strength
All of my hope is in You!


Because this song was overplayed in my church and has a funny beat (like it's not really a slow song, not really fast either), I admit I didn't really like this song last time.

But even as I was just listening to this song just now, for a moment, I really felt at peace again.

In the midst of so many chances & adjustments, things can be stressful at times at home. What more with a change of church next year, meeting new ppl in Oz. A new campus, cf?, cg?, friends?
Especially as I personally dislike walking into a new church when everybody's face is so foreign and when you blush as you stand up as they annouce the newcomers. When you have to learn to fit in again, be thick skinned in finding a niche in a uni that didn't even know that they had to send you an offer letter to do your visa because it's their first time twinning with IMU!

My life is in You, Lord. So goes the song.

And just like how I can never forget this song (even when my memory is really bad!), I guess it's just a really good reminder that no matter where or what happens, God is and will be the same.

Regardless if it's on Sat nite at DUMC among friends, or in CF with all the wonderful juniors, or at CG, or alone in a small room in Oz, or soon to be grilled to death in the hospital for being "bimboitic"...it's really reassuring to know God doesn't change.

Even though I can't take all the cassettes or cds or books or sentimental stuff to Oz because of a weight limit, leave family and friends back here...
Travel up and down KL, face life shattering events, move in and out of hospitals, visit oncologist after oncologist, have bad dreams and wake up to nightmares come true...
And when the future looks so cloudy and blur....


...at least God goes wherever I go

...even if, yea even if I forget to take Him along sometimes.



With all of my life, and all of my strength
All of my hope is in You



Timeless.



Oh yea, about the being bored part....if you're as bored as me, you can read what I wrote when I was so bored. http://simplylearning.blogspot.com/2006/10/its-dawn-of-new-era.html. Warning it's a "bimboitic" post!

3 comments:

kedekut said...

Did you come from the same Lbn church as Sabrina W?

A random blog reader from Chuey and Chuen's former church

Anonymous said...

yea..

in fact

....haha...labuan is so small....

Sabrina woon was my former neighbour b4 her parents moved to terengganu

kedekut said...

Wow... and your sis is Sabrina while Sabrina's sis is Sarah? LOL
You are all sisters in Him, PTL!

Sabrina W and I are blogger friends, never met before.