Saturday, October 07, 2006

In everything...

It's easy to be angry with God, with everything that's going so badly now...
yet, have I forgot to thank Him for the good?
shall we accept blessings but not calamity?
It's hard to be real without being a complainer,
It's hard to be positive without being an actress.
It's striking a balance between honest feelings and upbeat attitudes.
So Lord,
For the extravagant surprises and the downcast skies,
For laughter, sweet smiles and friendly "hi"s,
For sobs, tears and dark nights,
Yet for bonus blessings and wonderful trips,
The unanswered prayers and unhappy endings,
Unexpected bounties and special stories,
Multiple mercies when least deserved,
Yet the agonizing silence and hurting truth,
Promises of new beginings and better days,
Unfairness of life and burdens to bear,
Precious gifts of love and unending peace,
The uncertainties and frustrating moments,
Shocking news and stabbing wounds,
Comforts, joys and happy days,
Funny times and dreams realized,
Rejection and pain felt inside,
Great milestones and profound experiences,
Big miracles and daily bread,
For sighs that are inaudible outside,
Yet for hope that is in sight......
For everything great, good and bad...
I want to say...
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

No comments: