Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I need a new brain

....because I cannot remember anything I have read!

Maybe if you talked to me now, I'd probably forget your name too.

and if you can't recognize me when you see me, don't worry, it's not a problem with your brain or eyesight. I'm probably too fat from all the comfort eating/excessive sleeping/constantly sitting lifestyle.

sits and looks at notes
reads 4 lines....wah! so strenuous to read...maybe I should eat something. Gets up and eat.

Reads another 4 lines (1 slide), oh no, so tiring, maybe you need another snack...eats.

"You're working so hard, maybe you need an ice cream to reward yourself!"

Reads another 4 lines, starts thinking of maggi mee, "no must resist!" tries to read but can only hear maggi mee calling....."ok ok brain, I will eat so that I can concentrate better."

Too much blood now channeled to the mesentric arteries diverting blood from brain so, "emm..lets just sleep for 5 minutes"
A couple of jabs on the snooze button and 1 hour later...

reads another 4 lines, thinks "how about some dimsum from the shop downstairs? And oh, while you are at it, some burger too??"
Patters downstairs to buy food, eat...
Reads another 4 lines, "maybe a glass of milk to wash everything down?"

"Lets add some coco crunch with the milk yea?"

Since an average note contains 24 lecture slides, and someone estimated that we have to go through some 200+notes, (24X200), I just hope airasia doesn't have a weight limit for its passengers or else I would have to ship myself home or buy 2 airline tickets. And oh, could you donate me some new clothes cuz I can't seem to fit into mine.

Anyway all the talking about food has made me hungry, I guess I shall whip up a meal again later. Back to the amnesia problem, everything sounds familiar, but like the Specificity and Sensitivity test, I can rule out (sensitivity of my brain) what I have not read, but I can't rule in what I have read (specificity). Makes no sense? Yea, that's my incoherent brain talking.

And I cannot fail, because I've conveniently arranged a trip on the day of viva, and another trip on the date of the resit. Tickets and all. Fuuyooh, super confident..haha~!

But anyway, there's always a silver lining to each dark cloud...
Although this eating spree is not good plus exams are no fun, I thank God He is bigger than an exam, and I just need to do all I can do, and leave the rest up to Him. No amount of worrying will increase my grades anyway so, what do I have to lose in trusting God? ;)

PS if you want to donate to the feed sarah fund, you're welcome as well.
or you could donate to the "she needs to buy 2 airtickets, help her!" fund too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, feed sarah fund.

I'll treat you someday :)

Anonymous said...

haha jinny :)

we r the ones that need to feed u more!

Philip said...

hahaha..feed me la..

sarah, put your trust in God..not man..not yourself...psalm 118:8

you can do it through Christ who strengthens you...

Anonymous said...

sarah ong ong ong! aahahahha...i was smiling all the way reading thru this blog!! goodness! :P i'm just like you!! haha!

indeed we only need to TRUST in our GREAT GOD! why lose faith when He has been faithful since the beginning and has brought us thru every other exam?! :D

cvs cvs cvs...pharmaco is driving me gila! but i shall remain sane for He keeps me sane! :)

Anonymous said...

Philip I don't want to tip your BMI to the "dark" side..Hahahaha :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I shall not say anything more about Phillip...

Ahaha I guess it very normal to think of food when we study... I'm like that too... The diffrence? To lazy to walk and buy food, or to whip up a meal...

When we're studying our brain consume alot of glucose rite? That explains it... Which also explains my weight... =)

boo_licious said...

Good luck! Maybe u shld eat fish since it's brain food?

Anonymous said...

Wah a comment from a celebrity blogger! Am honoured!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»