Sunday, May 07, 2006

X-cavate IMU CF Camp 2006


Location: MBS RAWANG, 5-7th May 2006, IMU CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
Nice place rite??? :) Got swimming pool, badminton courts, tennis courts, squash courts, golf range...not bad yea? ;)

I must say....this camp was FUN, FAITH-CHALLENGING and FRIENSHIP-DEEPENING!
I really didn't X-pect camp to be this fun...thought it was just going to be another camp to go to, wasn't that X-cited to go initally but wah, wah, wah...glad I went...hehehe (peace sign..)
I think only those who went to camp know the actions of wah, wah, wah...and hehehe...



X-cavate ROCKS!!!! 3 cheers for God :)

Of course there were games, food, friends...but I think one of the highlights of the camp was the Camp Song...IVY, thanks for composing the song, for allowing God to speak through you!


The worship team also did a good job, along with the games team, the registration, publicity, accomodation, and on and on....I think the Camp Committee truly did a GREAT job...I know there were countless problems that crep up...and I truly thank you guys for perservering on. I know some were sick but still came, some were super busy but still made it.

Thank you for giving up your time, your phone credits, your voices, your heart for us, for God...



the camp commitee...without them all wouldn't have been possible

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we were all challenged to

1) Discover our identity in God

2) Surrender and be willing for God to reveal His plans

3) Make decisions to take up the "cross" and follow Him.

Personally, I came to the camp quite "exposed" because the past week, I realized the sins of my heart that I never even knew existed; all this while too immune to sin to even notice its presense in the dark corners of my life. I realized how sometimes we may think we are doing ok when we are "leading" or "serving." Or even think we are "worthy" and that our ways are the best.

I am humbled that I truly do not know a lot and that I have lots more to discover. As much as I prayed for the camp to touch the CF members, I myself was blessed enormously all because of God's grace.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on surrendering my preferences to God...to learn to embrace the plans He has for me.

I learnt that God knows me better than I know myself...and thus He can be entrusted when I surrender my hopes, dreams and plans to Him.

I love the illustration that our lives are akin to a ship. A ship's direction is determined by the direction of the rudder of the ship...and the rudder represents our will...we can determine where we want to go or who we want to follow. At the same time, it is the winds of the Holy Spirit that will blow on the sails of our ship...to help us reach the destination we want to follow.

The rudder will be useless without the wind that blows on the sail...we can't move without the Holy Spirit...we as humans will fail to live a Godly life without the winds of the Holy Spirit...

Yet the winds cannot force the ship to change course if the rudder is not set to the right derection...we must make decisions to follow God, we must set our direction right and seek after Him.

So...where am I going after IMU? What am I going to do? Who am I going to ...ahem..marry? haha...or What's my purpose? What's God's will?

I think the more important question would be...am I on the right direction to seek after God and God alone?

Because as long as I am on the right direction, I don't have to worry about the details of the journey....because everything will fall into place when we follow the ultimate direction.


From top left: M104 rocks...LAST CAMP! Aiyo~, Yours truly+Joanne+Cindy, the stressed sem3s, "tall" timothy+ivy+fabian+eeling
I promise!! I didn't influence the sem1s to pose spastically...
From top left: THREE Sarahs...(what to do, the name SARAH is so beautiful, haha, cough!), the worship team=well done!!, the drug ppl=Pharmacy gang, ECF churchies...
CF committee 2006...this is my LAST camp...I am blessed to be a part of this commitee...truly, really.
1 Peter 2:9 But YOU are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called YOU out of darkness into His wonderful light.
X-cavate 2006

7 comments:

GaRy said...

wow, u guys had so much fun..! wish i was there :p

Anonymous said...

Hey gary! how's life in Aus??
exam period coming up?

GaRy said...

Aus life not too bad..(except its freezing coz no time n $ 4 winter clothes shopping) as much as i hate 2 admit it, yup exam on 7 june (a 3 hour paper n i'm done 4 da semester)..hope ur current prep 4 EOS Sem 5 is better than mine :p (oh, any idea where r u matched 2 yet?)

Anonymous said...

not yet..submitting our choices on the 22nd May...ah~ so fast!!! :)
r u coming back for the June hols or only end of the year?

GaRy said...

loved 2 come back in June, since my frens who were in UK n those goin public uni wil b around (as well as u all IMU ppl), but unfortunately ony end of da year coz air tiket xpensive (work, earn money, go tour Australia n NZ)..

Anonymous said...

ok..all the best for exams then! :)
and enjoy ur hols...

how cold is winter there?

GaRy said...

winter..hmm, around 8-10 degrees during day n bout 3-5 at nite..