Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Buzz Buzz Buzz

When I saw him walk through the door, my heart beat faster.
I haven't seen him for some time.
There was no mistaking the tall stature, slim build and spectacles. His droopy shoulders and gait.
He reminded me so much of my father....
I didn't say much to him, but just acknowledged his presence with a nod.

Buzz....
The once every 5 minutes buzzer that gave a shrill sound sounded. My heart jumped a bit. This was my mock osce and I haven't really studied for it. I knew I was going to falter at the physical examination station..where the watchful eyes of the examiner would accesses your many mistakes, one on one.
I finished my self standing station and waited outside the PE (physical examination) station. There was a rest station so I sat and waited. My other friends waiting at their respective rest stations who already completed this station drew a line to their necks......

THE STATION WAS GOING TO BE A TOUGH STATION....

Buzz....
I went in....the question seemed foreign to me...
No wonder my friends gestured that this was the killer station...I didn't really know what to do.
Needless to say I fumbled, I needed a lot of prompting and I couldn't answer some questions from the examiner, Dr Oon..

WHO WAS MY UNCLE (father's brother)!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing as traumatic as failing mock osce...except that the examiner who failed me is my uncle and plus the fact that I am now embarrasing my family name/dad.

I always don't really like to get my uncle as my facilitator for CSU sessions cuz I don't want to be caught red handed not knowing my stuff..hehe..plus I don't want to be an embarrasment to my dad and simply because it feels weird...haha...

And I'd probably be the only one whom he knows by name and thus...get called on to do the physical examination...

My batchmates would "comment" if he drags the session long (which he *cough* freq does)....but I have to stay neutral. And when I don't know how to answer a question, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to smile sheepishly or look repentful...haha. (What if he calls up my dad? and complain..ur daughter ar, aiyo...terrible)

And worst...some of my batchmates know that he is my uncle...and then they think that I must know a lot too and ace the PE...but I am the black sheep of the family la...*paiseh*

Anyway....I know I have a LOT to brush up on OSCE before the finals....
STUDY STUDY STUDY ;)
STUDYING IS FUN!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that u wrote something abt DR Oon...everyone who reads this knows that he's ur UNCLE!!! :P ahahah..

okies...i'll type the same thing.. "STUDYING IS FUN!" "-.- haha...pharmaco & parasito...here i come! :P

GaRy said...

Taenia saginata, Trichuris trichiura, Giardia lamblia, Microsporum canis, Aspergillus niger, Cryptococcus neoformans, Trepenema pallidum, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptoccus pyogenes, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Vibrio cholerae, Mycbacterium tuberculosis lolz...
sorry lar, too stressed dy since exam round da corner..spamming here and there to release tension :p

Anonymous said...

Yes studying is fun..

Eeleen= all the best for summative this fri...all the trichuris trichuria...haha... ;)

gary..u 2..study well and do well!