Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mum

Yes, ladies and gentlemen... *drum roll....*



I still talk to my mum everyday; every single day even after 2+ years after leaving home :)
(no wonder i don't need a bf..haha!)

in many ways, my mum is just like a best friend, who offers her opinion on everything including *cough* boys, studies, God...and gives updates on what's going on in the clinic, which nurse is resigned, which company records are not in order etc...plus what my 2 sisters are doing, how's my sister's driving lessons, how's my other sister is busy with SMSes...and which of her sister in Aus is having such and such...or her other sister in US called her up...and on and on...

it helps me to keep in touch with the family back home and truly establishes our relationship.

i like the fact that i can discuss anything; and I mean anything...with my parents...mum especially. i truly appreciate how much they trust me....

of course, i'm not the easiest person to live with...haha...
after my grade 5, my mum the piano teacher sent me to another teacher for lessons cuz Miss Sarah Ong is too stubborn to practise her scales and correct her pieces.

i do realize how i take my mum forgranted. even her phone calls. her voice of concern. her prayers.

i forget too at times that she cares for me, even more than i do for myself...
i know and am comforted that she accepts me as i am.

she knows how this daughter of hers can be silently puffed up with pride while appearing innocent on the outside. she knows how i used to cry when i was in kindergarden because i couldn't stand to lose a game. she knows the little things that make me impatient. she knows how bad i am at sports.

yet she knows how *ahem* responsible i am. she trusts me to spend as i like (seriously..haha. i call it reverse psychology cuz i end up not spending even more). she allows me the space to grow. she thinks i'm quite pretty and smart..hahahahahahahaha! (all mums think that their children are the best in the world)

we can laugh together, cry together (ok, correction, most of the time I'm the one shedding tears..hehe), disagree and know that it's ok to disagree. most of the time, we both give each other the benefit of the doubt in disagreements because we know she wants the best for me, and i want the best for her.

so..."happy mothers day"

i don't deserve you. but God has been so gracious to me. you have modelled what love means.

and if my mum can love me this much,
care for what i eat, what i wear, where i go,
for my security, emotions, needs and enjoyment,
accept me as i am, be there 24/7, tolerate my outbursts,
and think i'm the greatest....

what more, what more, my heavenly Father above who's love is perfect.

3 comments:

Philip said...

you got your dad's facial features..your mom's mouth..all three siblings got your mom's mouth..hmmmm...

gRaCeY said...

So cool. I wish I had that, but then again, I am grateful for mom. =)

Anonymous said...

Haha how can u tell, the pic is so small...

and u r saying I look like a guy la?? argh..

hahaha..j/k :)

Grace: yea, God has blessed us with our own mothers who are unique and special to us