Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My dearests...

You know, it does not matter how many lives I touch. You both matter much more to me. Of course sometimes we get cross at each other and argue. I really must apologize when I'm less patient with you both than with others. No doubt, you have seen me at my worst as well.
Yet, I really thank God for you both. In many ways you have shaped and influenced me.

I've walked the path you both are walking now. And my heart bleds for you. For I really don't want you to fall in the holes I've fallen. Or cry the tears I've shed. Or taste the bitter disappointments I've swallowed. I really want to protect you both from the ugliness of it all. Yet, I know I must allow you learn these heart breaking but essential lessons for yourself. And I must learn trust in God who loves you even more than I can ever do, to nuture you, to watch over you, to protect you and to lead you.

I just thought of you when I read this..

I want to teach you something wise, but I am still so foolish.
I want to inspire you to be free, yet I still wear my chains like jewelry.
But hopefully my honesty and vulnerability speaks louder than my false confidence.
I want you to know that fame, fortune and popularity never bring security. That self confidence is only found in knowing that Abba Father truly loves you.
That the only way we are ever secure is in our skin, knowing that our "Daddy" loves us, just as we are, and that makes us OK.

I pray that I'll speak out in love when needed. But more importantly, to learn to be silent to just care and pray. To not judge but share my own struggles, and struggle along with you.

It's not easy. Yet, even as I'm learning it myself, He is worth it.

Sabrina and Serene, maybe it's easier for me to put it in words. But I'm totally not embarrassed to write this out publically (not that anyone reads my blog anyway..haha) because you are worth more than my pride.
I care. And above all, I really pray that you'll stick ever so so close to God. Because this world is just so ugly. Growing up is just so hard. Being His child is not the easiest. Neither is it a breeze to live out your faith, and still be vibrant and beautiful as the girls God has so wonderfully made both of you.
Yes, I know. It's not easy. But I'll be there. More comfortingly, God will be there.

1 comment:

Home Site said...

LibriVox is podcasting collaborative public domain audiobooks
As inspired by AKMA's collaboratively produced audiobook of Lawrence Lessig's Free Culture , LibriVox is an experiment in bringing together volunteers to produce podcasts of books in the public domain.
Interesting blog you have - good work Play poker the most popularity game anywhere