Friday, September 16, 2005

Kaki bangku!

Played futsal with CG today. What I knew all along was displayed in front of everyone. I'm hopeless at kicking the ball! Totally kaki bangku. Thankfully, the guys were polite enough to not laugh at my face. Haha. Kicked the ball to the wrong opponent because my angle was off. Kicked the ball so softly that Peter said I didn't eat enough rice. Apologizing too much to people when I got in their way.

But it was really fun. Although most of the time was spent trying to duck from being hit by the football. With eight guys and four girls, the guys were nice enough to not play rough with us girls although there were some minor unintentional mishaps along the way. Yet it really bonded us together. Yea, it was a good experience. Something new. Something different. Something interesting. Something Sarah would never do but had do because the whole CG went.

It also reminded me about my CG experience. Initially didn't really like CG. Felt everyone was so different, especially the Commenwealth, where there are super risk taking business students to computer programming students who are so "canggih" in computer jargon. Engineering students who are so systematic, to a law student who debates on the questions in the study material. And of course, medical students like yours truly who are often the most "unhappening" people around.

But hey, it's really a great mix of people. Bordens my views. Allows me to be more open. Rubs off their creativity to me. Encourage me to be more bold. To be vulnerable and accountable. Brings a new dimension to the way I relate to people and God. Hearing on and on about how Setiawan is the best place in Malaysia (and how "Fu Chau" people are the best). And having the guy from Tanggak disagreeing. People who won't mind driving all the way to PJ/USJ to pick us to church and back. Not forgetting, telling super lame jokes with Jesse about how we are "related." Believe me, the mix of Jesse and Richard plus a bit of Philip= lethal laughing session.

Looking forward to the next retreat! Thank you Lord for CG. The various people. Different personalities. Yet, You who binds us all together.

5 comments:

gRaCeY said...

Eh, it's spelled 'S-I-T-I-A-W-A-N' la. Not Setiawan.=) And it's Foo Chow. Don't get mad at another gungho Sitiawan person like yours truly. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry Grace and all the Sitiwan people..
I'm learning to spell it correctly, even though I always forget! :)
thanks for the correction.. haha

Philip said...

ahahahahahahahhahaahha....yeah sitiawan...foo chow..but cool..the commonwealth CG rocks..the only CG i long to go every week...btw you are a good leader..please don't deny..just say thank you...so from today on you shall lead more..ajhah

Anonymous said...

Okay thank you.
You too! Very thankful there's someone else to be there for the CG, split the bills, call people, fetch people, pray for people, msg people, and for being the more happening "ah beng" of the CG.
Haha.. :)

gRaCeY said...

Aiyah, jangan berdolak-dalih la you two. Both also great leaders, just in different ways. Will come visit the very publicised happening cell soon. Just jangan bongkar my identity k? Low profile itu nama..And yeah, Sitiawan R-O-C-K-S!!!