Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm happy!

My mum has been discharged today from hospital; was supposed to be on Monday but the doctor discharged her today. Which is very good news! For all the medic ppl out there, my mum had a mastectomy and axillary lymph node clearance on her left breast.

The final histopatho report on lymph node involvement is not out yet. She would only know the regime of her treatment next Sunday.

But it's just great to talk to her again on the phone, laugh and just to hear her voice again!

And I'm really touched by you all. Especially Cindy, Matt and Matt's mum who went on the day of the operation to pray for my mum. And Eugene and his mum who visited twice in the hospital. I feel especially thankful because I myself can't be there though I would want to be in the hospital, so having my friends go over and visit her is just like a part of me being there.

There are also lots of things to be thankful for. If it's not because of friends in the medical field, my mum won't have been able to get the diagnosis and operation so fast. All the Christian doctors who helped; in calling their friends, in rushing the biopsy results, in squeezing in the surgery...truly it's God's hand in all this. Prof Yip, one of the best breast surgeons and her colleague Prof Chan who did the anesthesia even waived surgical and professional fees.

And of course, for friends who stand in and go the way to pray, to help in many ways be it hearing me cry on the phone (haha, cindy) or open their house (Grace!) or call.

Do continue to pray for my mum's recovery and health. This is going to be a long journey; but a journey with God! And that makes all the difference!

Oh yea, I'd be going over to KL this Wednesday because my father is coming back to Lbn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is our dog, Panadol. Haha, yea his name is Panadol.

Because there's no one to take care of him because my mum's not in, sisters are schooling and I'm going away, I had to give him a really short hair cut today so that it'll be more hygienic.

This is him before the "hair cut"



Look, I'm all fluffy and cute

After:

Lawyer, I need a lawyer! This hair cut is terrible! I'm going to sue Sarah. My dignity has been stripped! Look at the bald spots. And the uneven layering..ugh..I look like a rat now.

It's no wonder that I'm not the dog's favorite person because everytime I'm back in Lbn, I'd be the one snipping all his hair. And seriously it's so hard to cut his hair; takes 3 hours...and the ordeal of him squirming around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe omgosh, your dog!

:) Glad to know your mom's out now.. hopefully things will go well from now on :) Keep praying.