Friday, September 22, 2006

Desperate Housewife

My parents left for KL today.

Uhm, I know that I sort of want to be a semi housewife with kids and a house and everything, but, God, it's 10-15 years too fast.

Yes, ppl. Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Sarah the housewife.
I feel like a 35 year old single mother with 2 kids.

I'm not that hot though ..


Uhm, I can cook *cough* to a certain extend but cook everyday 2 meals? Then there's the cooking for the dogs. Buying groceries. I think we just ran out of milk today. Calling up the vegetable van. Buying fish tomorrow. (ARGH I can't even tell what's a kembong, or siakap or whatever..the different kinds of fish to buy. But I have to buy so that my maid can take the fish over for my mum to eat when my maid flies off on Sunday).

Yea, my maid is going to KL on Sunday.

And now I must find a new maid for the Lbn house.
Oh man. Today I interviewed a maid!!!
Oh man. It's just like doing history taking for the 1st time.

What on earth to ask a maid during an interview???!!!???



And after the interview, I realized I forgot to ask, for starters..."How old are you?" "Are you married?" So stupid man. It's sounds so funny that I feel it's so unreal, I mean, come on, Sarah 21 year old student interviewing a maid?

Then must TEACH her how to cook, how to bath the dogs, to clean the house....it's just like the blind leading the blind because I don't really know how to run this house!

This is better. I must determine how much the maid earns. Oh wow. How much do you pay a maid?????? And right now I don't know if I should hire a part time maid or a full time one. How do you judge the character of a maid? Especially when I leave for KL the whole house would be taken care by her. How can you tell from a 15 minute interview that she's trustworthy?

My mum is very good in this. She's experienced and she knows how to evaluate a maid's capability. Me, ZERO. What if I hire a person that's not good, then..?

I mean, cleaning my own room, buying groceries and cooking for myself in KL is different from running the whole house!

You'd got to make sure the uniforms are ironed and ready, the plants are watered, the 3 dogs have eaten. That I have remember to wake up early to send my sisters and their car pool friend to school and make breakfast. Then there's the sending to tution in the afternoon or night. Planning what to cook for lunch and dinner and making sure the ingredients are bought.

Zipping around sending them to school and tution and to buy grocieries in the Toyota Advanza I feel like a suburban mum driving her SUV. Telling them "Hey you have tution at 7. Eat dinner now."

And you start to think, emm, Do I have to go marketing every 3 days or 5 days also can? What to cook today? Has the phone bill been paid? Must remember to start the engine of the other car which is a 4 wheel drive that I don't even want to drive to town.

My sister was saying, "Yesterday you were a medical student. Today you're a mum."

"Have you drank enough water?" "You better sleep now!" "How's your preperation for exam?" "Are you okay or not?" Yea, I am starting to sound like my mum!

Overnight, the dilemas I'm have is no longer which medical textbook should I bring to Aus or should I do an additional honours year in UNSW (I guess I'm not going to do it now anymore) but........which maid to hire. What vege to buy.

If it wasn't for the seriousness of the situation that has made me take up all of this, this would just be so so funny. But yea, pray that I make the right decision in hiring the right maid. Cuz I have to call the maid up tomorrow to tell her of my decision.

If it's of any consolation to myself..haha, I guess I am going to be a GOOD mother and wife in the future. HAHAHAHA. Sorry yea, I'm a perasaan person. :)

But maybe being bz is good. Takes the mind of things. But yea I know it can be dangerous as well. Which is why when I drive back alone after dropping them off, I talk to myself (oh no crazy alert) that "yea Sarah, as much as you are doing everything remember that you are human too and you have a limit. Don't ever cross that limit."

So dear ppl, if you see me cross the limit or near the limit, do put the breaks on me too. Thanks a lot for all the prayers, calls, smses, emails.

No comments: