Saturday, June 03, 2006

A secret U'd never guess...

sigh. sigh. sigh.

i don't know why but i've been sighing a lot lately...
when the heart stubbornly refuses to obey the head
when the right thing is the hard thing to do
cannot open mouth
have to swallow words down (to be digested by HCl so that they will never regrugitate by reverse peristalsis to see the light of the day..sorry, trying to be medically funny@lame)

and so tossing and turning with sleep eluding me.
plagued by a dull chronic ache with a dragging sensation (just like polycystic kidney?)

and so doing what i on habit, picking up a book to distract attention and hopefully induce the limbic system to a state of rest.
reading about a blind man named Blind man Chang;

Chang was a blind, 36 despised, hard drinking, violent man. When he heard of foreign doctors who could reportedly cure blindness, he travelled 120 miles from Manchuria by himself. The helpless blind man was beaten, robbed; by the time he got to the hospital he was forlorn, dirty and wretched.

He arrived only to find there were no beds and was told to go away. He had no place to "go away" so he curled up and slept at the enterance. The night watchman had seen it all-poverty, hunger, beggers and destitute but when he saw the man, his heart was deeply touched. He went to Dr Christie and volunteered to let Blind Chang sleep on his own bed.

Chang stayed for a month and regained some sight, only to lose it when a chinese practitioner pierced the pupil of his eye thinking that it would heal the man. Now Chang was completely blind. At the hospital however Chang heard the gospel and realized he was a sinner. He was sounly converted.

When he asked to be baptized the missionary James Webster thought that he wasn't ready and sent him home disappointed with a few tracts and a promise to visit him. When Webster finally visited Chang, the blind illtrate man had converted a small but thriving group of believers...

In the year 1900 Christians were imprisoned following the Boxer Rebellion...Chang offered to give himself up to free his friends and the authorities thinking that if they killed the leader, Christianity would be wiped up, dragged Chang through the streets in a cart used to transport animals. As he went to his place of execution, Chang sang a song we usually think as a children's song....

Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so

and i instantly remembered the song from the days of puffy sleeved dresses and art crafts, naughty boys, stickers as reward= the days of Sunday School.

but how soothing the words. the truth. child like faith. of the simple song.

quickly rummaged through the jungle@room to find my old DONUT MAN cassette tapes (yea laugh laugh...I brought them from Labuan)
and googled for DONUT MAN. (my generation was donut man, not veggie tales..haha)

it's really like a cold drink for a thirsty soul.

http://www.donutman.com/listen.htm

my FAVOURITES ;) HAHAHAHAHA. Check it out!!!!!
YES YES YES...it's a secret that is no longer a secret...I am still listening to DONUT MAN at age 21!!!!!!!! *blush blush blush*
(eg of songs: with all my heart, in his arms, into my heart, oh i love him, don't be afraid)

Guess what I'd be listening and *gasp* singing for the next few days! ;)
Sssshhh... no wonder the weather forecast is thunderstorms over Bukit Jalil

But indeed...child like faith is so important. I AM a child of God, protected and secure in Him! He will take care of me. God is my taiko..my protector. And sometimes He even "cihia" (belanja) me with chocolates@blessings! And yes, I love God more than peanut butter and ice cream ;) (listen to "oh i love him" and u'd understand what I mean)

More importantly...Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so!

So all together now...1 2 3...SING with actions! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;)

No comments: