Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Man

Writting posts actually make me think, and in the process of reviving my liqufacted necrosed brain cells...helps me remember and appreciate more.
So here's to The Man who has set the bar and standards.

This is The Man who sat A levels for 3 times without giving up to get into Medical School, The Man who worked to sponsor his medical education in UK, The Man who reads a lot and loves to stay at home (sorry we are introverted, boring ppl).

The Man cracks the weirdest jokes that takes a minute to process before anyone gets it. The Man is tall, thin and looks like The Man..haha. (he has really nice looking legs; fair and slim..that I don't inherit though ;( hahaha) The Man is not big on phone calls but surprisingly used to draw pictures and send to The Man's Tai Siew Che (me) when The Man was in UK for his MRCP. The Man still doesn't own a handphone. Haha.

The Man is hardworking and very calm. The Man is an excellent provider who saves 60cents for every dollar he earns. The Man will go to Parkson Ria at 3.oo in the afternoon to avoid the crowds because he has been caught a few times by his patients buying Rm20 slacks and Rm10 shirts. (The Man will cringe at this revelation because while he doesn't mind people commenting on the cheapness of his clothes, he prefers to shop in obscurity when rummaging through the sales section without different people coming over to talk to him. Yea Labuan IS small and you can bump into your neighbours at the supermarket)

The Man is also wise. The Man is not exactly perfect though, dates associated to birthdays/anniversaries are not remembered well. It's good that The Man is married to The Woman who is also very easy going...both of them cannot really remember the date of their wedding anniversary...!?! :)

I think most importantly The Man is the one who inflicted me with the appetite for books; The Man will sit and read to me story books, encyclopedias when I was young. The Man is also a Christian who is a doctor and not just a doctor who is a Christian...The Man doesn't share Christ directly in his office, but The Man gives free treatment/consultation/medication to all full time workers and all, yes, all disabled children/adults in Labuan.

The Man is of little words, but very responsible. The Man may look stern and garang (just like what Cindy and David say I look; garang! hummph! haha..no probs :) ) but is actually okay. Haha. The Man has scared friends from calling to the home and his nurses actually turned down an invitation from The Woman for dinner at the house because they were afraid to eat with The Man. But...it's really not that bad...haha... ;)

But yea, don't underestimate The Man. He can be witty and *cough* romantic if he wants to. The Man actually successfully planned a surprise birthday for The Woman. No small feat especially when all 60 guests are potential leaks...and The Man gave a wonderful speech...

He said in her birthday speech "I know I don't give flowers to you. And Being the practical man that I am, I would actually give you a cauliflower today, so that we can actually eat it. (holds a cauliflower) But people can change...and this is for you (bouquet of orchids)...and he adds...
I purposely chose orchids because the florist said it lastest the longest without wilting."

Yea. Quite lame but anyway...The Woman was happy.
(disclaimer: for your own safety don't try this line unless you are married to the person!)

In many sense, The Man is just like who I am. For better or for worst. Haha. I guess we can improve on our socializing skills, cut on the frigidness a bit and be more personal with people. But I really respect The Man for his character of steadiness. And yea, it's really good that although The Man is introverted, we get along quite well.

Happy father's day!

I am blessed. Even in this stressful period, whenever I am reminded of my parents, I stop complaining a bit less to God. HAHA. Because I know this is one thing I truly don't deserve yet God has so laviously blessed me with. :)






but yea, *scandalous moment* the theory that we love the people who remind us of our parents...is quite true...HAHA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK just realized my mistake..

hahaha..
father's day is next week!

;0 haha