Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Who's Joel?

Read Joel before? Know who he was?
Do you remember what is Joel all about?

Well, my CF's new theme for this semester is from Joel 2:12-27...Repent, Revive, Restore

Honestly it is not an easy theme to carry for the semester..it's even harder to come up with a convincing theme talk. Especially I do not believe in sharing/'preaching' something I myself do not believe whole heartedly. I also try to be careful on what I speak on...don't want to waste people's time or hurt their ear drums or ossicles.

Sin. Repentence. Sacrifice.

Not exactly catch phrases for young blooded university students!
And how would others outside CF believe in this theme as well..?

No doubt it won't be a cherry rose tree and picnic talk or semester..
How do you go about with verses like "Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly....Let the priests who minister before the Lord, weep before the temple porch and the altar....object of scorn for the nations..."

Yes, this semester will be solemn and serious.
This semester would also demand a lot.

But indeed, Who can accend the hills of the Lord, except for those who have pure hearts and clean hands.

Help me Lord...Help us!

No comments: