Thursday, March 09, 2006

Adventures in B-4-8 kitchen

I seldom cook. That's a well known fact. But I was craving for pasta just now; must be the effects of low blood sugar. So this the chronology of my adventure with the pot and pan. Yea yea, reading too much food blogs! Disclaimer: No kitchen was burned down in the making of this photoshoot.



1) Boil the pasta. Ya, I know, authentic chefs don't mix two types of pasta. But I just like variety! Spirals+Angel hair pasta.
2) The ingredients. Love mushrooms so chopped a whole can of button mushrooms! And broccoli...got it cheap, the whole bowl=around RM1.10?
3) Drain the pasta. Run under cold water to avoid sticky pasta.
4) Haha, short cut cheat way, herb and broccoli mix.
5) Add butter, milk, mushrooms and broccoli plus mix. I had problems determining if the broccoli was cooked enough though..cuz I couldn't taste the food while cooking (emm, how do the Malays cook when they are fasting?)..thankfully it was ok..
6) Boil boil boil. And the delicious scent of herbs and cream will waft through.
7) End result! :) Al dente angel hair pasta+spirals+creamy mushroom sauce+broccoli

Total cost? Maybe around Rm4 per plate?
Total time? Emm..around 15 mins tops..

No, I didn't die after eating this. No, no food poisoning either! I'm still alive! :)

Who says medical students can't cook? Haha.

Catch me in a good mood and I'd cook for you!

Oh yea...for those who do not yet to know...FOOD AVENUE IS CLOSING DOWN!
One less source of food for IMU's starving students...

Just a random thought *I felt extra-ordinarily blessed to be in CF last Wednesday* I know it was You!

No comments: