Friday, September 07, 2007

Hazardous

Am hooked on the library borrowed West Wing Dvd now!

Of course, Hollywood portrayed politics should be watched with a pinch of salt esp as they serve to propagate some of their agendas; but some dramatic lines and certain scenes are super cool. Also enjoyed the Commander in Chief series last year.



This clip is thought provoking. As a Christian I do take the stand against, but I realize I do need to also know the bible better, the context and the application instead of merely sprouting lines. Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I don't think objectively; plus Jesus passes the test under the microscope.

But I guess I do feel my inclinations towards politics is kind of useless & a time waster.
So what if I know what's going on; doesn't improve my studies at all!
Doesn't improve my social life; it's a dry topic.
Plus more importantly, I don't desire to run for office anyway; doesn't suite my personality, I lack charisma and there's other things I'd rather serve in.

I remember being 13 or so, reading Time and deciding I wanted to go to uni, study political science and be a writer. Debating in musty lecture halls. Haha!
I grew up and now appreciate being in medicine, because politics can be depressing & where black and white often muddle into grey.

I do believe interests are God's gifts, but this does feel like a waste of time sometimes.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

On the contrary, i think it reflects our responsibility as people who live under God-placed authority that we are au courant about current affairs and politics. It's definitely something I'm trying to come to grips with myself. It may not stimulate conversation or cause me to be interesting, but looking at how Jesus was so into commenting on the political climate of His time, I think we can be perfectly justified in following in His footsteps.

Anonymous said...

it's just that i rather trade awareness with a nicer looking pair of eyes and radiant skin..or probably great looking hair
and that's coming from me! haha


it's diff for guys, diff for girls as sexist as it may sound.
at the end of the day, a guy who is politically aware and articulate would be more attractive to girls where as it becomes a liability to girls.

i would disagree to my own statement 1-2 years ago, but I'm starting to realize it is true.