Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Maggi Chronicles

Remember this?

So my grandmother actually gave me 3 packets of curry maggi noodles some time back.
Alllll the way from Malaysia from her last trip last year.

Of course, they are special and no one (no no!) would want to waste it on a "normal" dinner.
It's like striking a chemical equilibrium; everything must be just right to savor hot curry maggi noodles. The night must be of optimum temperature, cold not merely moderately cold cuz it just seems more delicious the colder the night is. And goes without saying, the busier the day was at the hospital, the higher the satisfaction garnered from the 2 minute meal.

So I had 2 of such days and was waiting for the conditions to ripen for the one and final packet.....

and waiting...


until I discovered 2 months later on a perfect night that it had expired a week or two ago.

Of course, it goes to show that in life, just like maggi mee, you can't always wait for the perfect conditions to occur because you end up wasting the present day (and a packet of curry maggi mee!!!!).

I hope in life, I will have more capre diem moments than curry maggi mee wasting moments.





Ps don't worry about me, I did manage to stock up on 5 more packets of maggi mee from Malaysia. ;)

No comments: