Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not enough love

Even with two different groups of friends, the same issues keep coming up during dinner/mamak sessions.
Corruption=billions of dollars missing, the rising crime and the horror stories, the state of affairs around, the integrity of courts, religion.



Being overseas have opened my eyes even more; it never bothered me much but being away and coming back, I now notice things I never realized. I never noticed or cared of the significance that everyone in church was of the same ethnicity; on autopilot we just focused on people of our own colour.

It is really sad and sobering to hear of all that's going on.
To know that so much can be improved and yet stay mirred.

Yet are we just merely going to discuss things over dinner, living our comfortable middle class Malaysian lives while plotting for ways to migrate overseas?

I can't answer because I'm not brave enough to say I'll be back.
But I know there's lots to pray for, about.
Forgive me Lord, for I do not love my country enough.

No comments: