Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fool..

I am a fool. (Haha, laughs cynically)
Fool. Fool. Fool. Yep, a stupid, idotic fool.

Only fools think that things can be changed.
Only fools believe that lives can be transformed, even when one's own life is struggling to be transformed.
Only fools run around doing something that does not even benefit oneself.
Only fools pray for people who really make one cry.
Only fools try and fall. And stupidly try again. Only to fall again.
Only fools refuse to scumb to apathy, yet know apathy is bliss.
Only fools still believe in a system that is rotten and imperfect.
Only fools go down to streets to be rejeted.
Only fools believe that Christianity is salvagable.
Only fools try to hold on to principles that clearly do not seem to "pay out"
Only fools believe in people.
Only fools worry for others yet is helpless to do anything.
Only fools fight a losing battle.
Only fools do the most stupid things that don't get appreciated, get critized and have no results.
Only fools think to0 much.
Only fools take dating seriously and miss out on happiness, and appear desperate and get looks of sympathy.
Only fools are emotional and get labelled such.
Only fools refuse to let things rot, and get themselves involved in people's mess.
Only fools lose hope yet try to find optimism even though optimism is hard to find and then get frustrated.
Only fools care for things, people, events, circumstances that break one's heart to the max, and then wonder what's all the hearbreak all about because it's easier to just ignore and concentrate on one's own life.
Only fools bring more trouble on themselves, unneccessarily.
Only fools hope for someone who will still love and treasure them, even though clearly nobody falls for fools.
Only fools want to give up, can give up, yet won't give up, and struggle like mad to press on when they don't give up.
Only fools know they are fools yet still want to be fools.
Only fools.

Yet He was the ULTIMATE fool, in the eyes of the world, naked on the cross.
The fool,
Who didn't need to die.
Didn't need to come down, be tempted, cry, be rejected, be mocked, be misunderstood, be beaten, scorned.
Didn't need to be disappointed in twelve men joslting for the right hand seat, or betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.
Didn't need to be born in a smelly stable. Be so vulnerable.
Didn't need to see the sufferings of people. Didn't need to hurt where people hurt.
The fool, who's heart did not need to be broken when He saw people without a shephard.
The fool, who could have called legions of angels, than to have his clothes gambled for.
The fool, who risked everything, the whole church, on 11 men, one who denied him 3 times, others who fled when he hung on the cross.
The fool who didn't even have a place to rest his head. The fool who could have all the riches, glory and power. Yet, rejected all, for me.

The perfect One. Who chose to be a fool. Humble and obedient to death on the cross.

Lord, I feel like a stupid, idiotic fool.
But Lord if I'm going to be a fool, may I be a fool for You.
Fool, but a fool who loves You, and more importantly pleases You.
Hide me and remind me of Your love. For yes, I am human, who wants to be secure and accepted too... I hate to be the fool.
Yet Lord, fool for You. Not by my own strength or heart. But, because You chose to be a fool for me, first. Help me.

4 comments:

gRaCeY said...

Sarah, I'm amazed at your passion, and encouraged by your sacrifices. May God's comfort be yours, and His richest blessings yours too. Live your life with the passion that you have, and not the kind of foolishness that I have. The Lord bless you dear sister.

Anonymous said...

No la Grace, I'm not passionate...and it's not sacrifices, just some "inconveniences" sometimes...
though I do complain to God too..
Haha...and think I am the one suffering so much, when actually others lose their lives etc...

Well, I think you have the passion.
Really admire the way you can connect with your CG members..all of them look up to Grace! :)
Continue to make an impact in their lives. All of them look up to u.. :)

Take care Grace!

gRaCeY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gRaCeY said...

Now I wonder where and when did you see them looking up to me? I happen to be older than they are, so maybe that's a convenience. And yeah, I dread the day I leave them to go to other CGs.

Different cicumstances call for different sacrifices. And yours may look less 'noble' than theirs, but doesn't make them any less of a sacrifice. =) God bless you. =D