Monday, October 17, 2005

Abandonment

Daddy,
Do you see my hands,
Scarred and bleeding,
Climbing the steepest clifts,
From the deepest of ravines.

Lord,
As Nehemiah repeatedly whispered, wrote,
Pleaded and proclaimed,
Remember me.
Remember me.
Remember me.

Lord,
Doesn't matter,
To be misunderstood, misquoted.
You were too.

Daddy,
Being real hurts,
Vulnerability formally so guarded,
Exposed deliberately, yes, deliberately for You.
That if in my foolishness,
Your glory maybe revealed,
So be it.
Even if I appear naked,
Remind me You hung naked,
on the Cross,
that dripped with blood.

Lord,
You know all things.
You know why tears are shed.
You know why I worry.
You know why I struggle.
You know who I am and what I'm doing.
And even if I am ugly and weak
in the eyes of the world,
Remind me.

You matter more.

Abandoning everything for You.
Daddy,
Please. Keep me close to you.
Shield me for I hurt.
Carry me for I limp.
Protect me for I am attacked.
Love me.

You matter more.

No comments: