Monday, April 30, 2007

Who says we are all nerds?

I'm in the library right now killing time but when I read this, I can't help but log on just to blog about this!

From: Multiple Choice Questions in Clincal Examination (Talley & O'Connor 1996)
Question 2-10:

The clinical term 'shock' has a rather different meaning from that in common use. Causes of medically defined shock include:
a) coming across a completely unexpected question in the final examination
b) myocardial infarction
c) anaphylaxis
d) angina
e) Gram-negative sepsis

I hope you get the touch of irony in the question!
Haha.

Reminds me of the story Prof Allistair Randwick told us to an answer a student wrote in an exam paper:

Give the defination of shock.
Ans: Unexpected surprise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAhahahaha...

I can't stop laughing!!

Tally's actually has that part a)??

Anonymous said...

ya ya it's real! I also couldn't believe it.. ;)