Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's Good!



"Do you realize you are in a profession paid to love people, paid to serve people?"


"50% of med students drift away from church in med school, and another 5o-70% from the remainder drop away during internship years....are you going to be part of that statistic?"

"Our calling is just not to be a convert, but a follower"

"I am thinking of being a GP because I can have more time for my patients and even work 4 day weeks so that I can minister in church." from one of my friends.... & I am so blown away because in the Malaysian culture, being a GP is the leftover option we take if we can't get speciality training

"To have compassion for your patients, you must first have passion for God."


I've just got back from a camp specially for med & dental students in NSW & ACT and
-To have doctors and doctor-missionaries share their lives; specially voluntering to come to speak
-Doctors who really love their work, the people we normally read about in books speaking in person & who are so eager to help us blur students
-To have & be under an organization (CMDFA/Transfusion) that has a mentor-doctor list & lots of contacts so that students can go to Africa/Asia
-Students who are really eager to go the extra mile; my 6th year seniors went to Africa and Papua New Guenia last year!



......it's all really good

For a "i'm so new i don't know any1" noob like me it was also good to get to know the UNSW ppl a lot better as well...we the 4th year girls are thinking of going to either China or Africa for electives together! (if we can get the same elective block though..)

And now the dilema is not "how to arrange elective/trips overseas" but rather "every place sounds really challenging and exciting..how do I make up my mind?!"






(the towel represents servanthood)


PS: Do continue to pray for my family though...while I'm having things good here, it's still a struggle at home......

No comments: