Sunday, December 24, 2006

'twas the nite before Christmas

It's always been a slight pet peeve for me when some forget to reply msgs or emails.
The reckoning was, it doesn't take less than 2 minutes or 5cents to send a reply.

Which is why it was always a personal policy for me to try and reply everything asap
Delaying/conveniently forgetting felt like a lack of value on the friendships.

And, maybe it's a girl thing, but sending out exam/birthday wishes to the various batches/cg members/cf ppl was rated priority. Sort of like a "hey, it's hasn't flown out of my ear, i do remember what you said and hope you're ok+all the best 4 exams" kind of thing.

Always felt it showed a personalized touch; a small touch, but an effort nonetheless to practice what we talk so much about making cf/cg a place where ppl count.






...but now I find myself in the opposite end where emails pile up unanswered, smses languishing in the in-box. To make matters worst, it's all from dear friends and new contacts from UNSW friends to be.

...somehow I do not know how to answer to the how are yous.

...sadly it also shows a diminishing desire to actually look out for people; to care

...an isolation; the reluctance to hang out...as scary as it is to admit this: because subconsciously envy creeps in when everyone else seem so happy and normal

...
and a real fear; that if I struggle to even hang out with my truest friends, how can I endure the superficiality of new friendships in Oz? I'd probably just be locking myself in the room everyday! *shudders* & worst, as a result miss the "opportunity" so many ppl have been prodding about.




...to those who are reading this, sem3s and sem5s God bless for EOS. I've not forgotten ;)
...or the cg even though we haven't been meeting up
...apologies for the non-replies; we'll pick up where we left off when I get better



Prayers for this "terrible don't reply girl Sarah" as her Christmas gift is welcomed.

Take care because I do care even though I'm too sick to say it.

4 comments:

GaRy said...

It's the heart that matters.. wishing you a blessed Christmas :-) p/s: supposed to send you an e-card, but the last minute shopping for christmas experience i went through is traumatising enough (will write about it later) take care too!!

Anonymous said...

hey sarah,
we all have our dark moments, horrible things tat ppl dun noe about us. but hey, we hafta keep going, keep the straight face, and have faith in Him. things must seem rocky right now, but daughter of christ, I for one truly pray for you, and I'm sure others do too. Keep going, sarah. I've hardly met a wonderful person as you, through high and low, and I really hope you go from strength to strength through all this. God Bless! Tis the season to be thankful for whatever we've got.

yeoslian said...

hi sarah :) i get that kind of feeling too especially since there is so much to do in CF here in seremban. The adacemic dean here doesn't like "religious" organizations, so if we are to continue having CF, we will not be funded, and also it'll be illegal to meet up in uni.. Sigh.. Hiang Liang and I thought of changing the name to Campus Friends, but i realize that it would mean that it may be an open society and thus we may not be able to have things like bible studies or CF meetings :s ugh.. in the mean time, although you're far from sight, you're always in my heart. God will provide people to encourage&guide you in USW, keep that in prayer :)Love you lots, but not enough to attempt spiders and grasshoppers in cambodia :P i'll try to go to angkor wat-- apparently it's gonna be a 6 hour bus ride from phnom penh ;) he he.. Happy new year *hugz*

Anonymous said...

hello gary. Hope u have a safe flight from melb. ;)

Thanks anon.

YSL: carry on the good work! Have a great time in Cambodia. The shopping is cheap..haha..
But yea hope the experience will truly be a god filled magical one!