Sunday, November 12, 2006

Transient

Just another statistic.
150,000 people die everyday.

We (or rather I) like to think that we are indispensable. That our significance matters, regardless how minuscule.
But in such times, I've come to realized I don't really matter much actually.



Here today, gone tomorrow and no one would miss a beat.
Maybe a conversation topic for a day or two.
A "Too bad, she's gone" whimsical thought among friends.
A tear or two if I'm lucky.
Possible an exclamation of relief "thank goodness she's gone!"


No one would really care.
Nothing would really change.

And I look over at the other side of the fence. At my own response to people's lives.

Bad news in friends' lives do make me concerned, but only to a certain degree. Sprouting the same "I'll pray for you" or "Take care"
Forgetting the plight after 5 minutes. Forgetting the turmoil when the next blog page refreshes, when the next sms comes in, when the conversation shifts.

Just an "oh, he must be having this and this of a problem"
or "emm...she must be struggling."

A quick thought. A 5 sentence prayer at most.

At most.




Because there's only so much I can understand.
Only so far I'll go.




Individual lives. Fighting our own battles.


Everything transient.




Trivialized beause it's not personal.

Just my observation on my own response to ppl's difficulties..
not accusing any1..haha

1 comment:

rhinoceros said...

I've come to realized I don't really matter much actually.<--

I don't like that, mainly coz I thought it for a while. I used to think in a grand scale, floating above the world and looking down.

Sure, what means anything?

But that was wrong, coz we all look from two eyes. And feeling good, at least, is important. It matters.

My reckoning anyhow.