Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Can't stop smiling

I ventured with confusion.
I departed with no resolution.
Yet I can't stop smilling.
For I know you better.
And you have granted me the privillage
of sharing more of you with me.

I've found the one!
GRINS :)

As cliche as it may sound, it's simply wonderful to wake up knowing that!

"Love is a serious mental disease" Plato

(After getting different interpretations of this post and having a funny conversation with CINDY...I must enlarge my disclaimer! :) This post is about finding The One, but still waiting for the second love..haha. The venturing etc is not the journey like Mr Yu and you, but going to peacehaven, recognize the picture? :) Rest assured if it is really scandalous news you'd be the first to know!
It's not an attempt to be a smart aleck or potong steam or to post something "scandalous" but truly I've found The one and in the future mr boyfriend *if he exists* will only be the second. So someday if asked, "Is he(mr bf/husband) The One?" the answer would definately be "No! He's not the one, but the two in my life..." ok lame but get my point? haha)

Anyway, since you guys have got me talking about this scandalous subject, I attended MCPP (mission candidate preparation program) part 2 in Peacehaven last weekend, which was the reason for the post! On hindsight yea, those that didn't go would probably think that I'm talking about something else instead. My miscommunication problem and wrong choice of words! Apologies...

But you know what? Only 1/10 women missionaries are married, so we had a single missionary from Cambodia share on life as a single missionary and honest talk on this issues. Again I must stress to you all I'm not sure if I'm going to be a missionary etc but I'm keen to discover where God would want me to be. And part of preparation for this would be to relinquish the dream to be married, even the dream of being married to a guy who'd share the same dream/passion. Of course it doesn't mean that I must never get married if I wanted to go into the mission field, but in view of the scant number of guys willing to go forth, it's entirely up to God to provide. After all, the dream must never be bigger than the dream giver...and as C.S. Lewis so aptly writes, Love ceases to be a demon when it ceases to be a god.

Which brings me back to the question of The One. If I've truly found The One love of my life, would it matter if I do not find the second? Yes, it would because I am still human. Yet, because I've found The one, finding or not finding (or in the girl's case waiting for) the second love would not matter so much or be the top priority.....

so yea....found The One....going with the flow of God in waiting for the second and open to God if the second might not appear :)
(*blushes* sigh, didn't want to write about thses 2 issues privy to me on world wide web but I guess I owe everyone an explanation...haha! dug my own grave yea.. ;) But honestly I really wasn't thinking in that line, probably too much mountain air..ha)

No comments: