Friday, November 25, 2005

Where are you?

(Disclaimer: this post would only be understood by girls...guys might find this very desperate and too mushy...so guys, don't read! haha...I don't write this because I'm too free etc. Just that I really want to write this out, although I'm not sure if I want everyone to read this aka selfsuicidal blogger)

Where are you?

I want to laugh with you, dissect the newspapers with you, "debate" with you over politics.
I know this is not the requests of most girls, but my dream would include showing each other articles that challenge our thoughts and worry together over the fate of homeless children half way across the globe. And fight with you to be the first to read the latest copy of TIME magazine. Or tease you with something I've read, as you reveal something else I don't know.

I want to hear you talk about life. I want to appreciate poetic pictures of AIDS patients with me. I want to look into your eyes when we've been through a particular situation and see my own thoughts reflected in yours. I want you to squeeze my hand as we hear something that inspires. I want to rush and share a particular quote that I've found to be profound.

I want to share with you the ups and downs of ministry. I want to cry, rejoice, try and pray with you. Yes, I have friends, but I can only share in part in relation to the common grounds I have with them. For you, I want you to be part of everything I am part of.

Of course, I want to give you strength, encouragement and joy. I want to be there when you are sick and down. I want to trust you, be patient with you and to simply be there.

I want us to be provoke each other to good works. I want us to serve God full heartedly for the mission God has burned in our hearts.
I want to see you after a long day of tiring work, under the flicker of the candle in some far flung place, and be inspired to serve on. Together.
I want to be there as you pray for the homeless. I want to worry for you as you venture out to share God's love. I want you to rebuke me when I forget my purpose.
I want to pray for you as I watch you deliver your sermon. (not that I'm expecting you to be a pastor)
And if you just so happen to be a doctor, I want to make funny faces as you give injections to little children. (more probably they'll still cry because I really don't make good funny faces..haha)

I want to be there when there's not enough money to cover this month's bills after we have given all we have to those who need it far more than we do.
I want to write a book with you! haha. (I hope you are a better writer than I am)
I want you and me to talk to the younger people and encourage them on.

I want you to delight in my quirks and complexities. I want to respect your thoughts and you, as a person. I want to be myself with you and allow yourself to be yourself to me. I want to thank God for you, everyday.

I want to be accepted by you that I can be silent in your presence yet know everything is okay. I want to learn to accept you even though I may not always agree with you. I want to give in to you. I want to serve you. More than that, I want to serve God together with you. You'll cover my inadequacies as I fill yours, complementing each other.

I want you to be my fiercest critic and greatest supporter.

Maybe you exist, maybe not.

But I'm learning to rely on God today.
So that one day, maybe one day, I can rely on Him along with you.

1 comment:

gRaCeY said...

Wow, I'll never be able to articulate that into words like you did. Keep that dream of yours and wait for the right time and person who may just stroll along one day soon.. =)