Sunday, January 09, 2011

At times

The view from lying down on the grass next to Maroubra beach

I am all for a godly, healthy single life.
And I know that marraige should not be idealized.

But there are times where singleness is just not fun.
Where there is no one to sit in silence with (I don't know why but that's something I miss-must be my introverted nature).

Today somehow the pang of not being truly heard or sought hit me. But at the same time, I am also strangly thankful for my brokeness-it made me stop to pray, it made me remember to support the single missionaries who have far greater challenges on the field, it made me realize how much I need God.

I don't like it. It's not easy.
But in brokeness I am learning to know God deeper.
To learn that He is more than enough.

No comments: