Wednesday, November 05, 2008

If there's one person who can make me angry...

Some people have commented that they have never seen me angry before and have even asked me if I ever get angry..

Well, haha contrary to public opinion I do get angry and there's probably atm there's only one person who can really make me angry and that's none other than my sister. But it's not in a bad way that I say this..in fact I think the only reason she can get to me is because she's someone close to me and someone whom I would fiercely protect and thus fight with. Someone I love enough to disagree with.

One of the things I am truly blessed with is a close knitted family..where nothing's a secret and where I still call my mum everyday (yup it's been 6 years since I've left home and it's still the same routine! haha). Which is why reading this extract really struck me in a sad way and brought tears to my eyes. Because if it was my sister I will feel the same way too..

"My sister is ten years old. Every morning at seven she goes to the bonded labour man, and every night at nine she comes home. He treats her badly; he hits her if he thinks she is working slowly or if she talks to the other children, he yells at her. He comes looking for her if she is sick and cannot go to work. I don't care about school or playing. I don't care about any of that. All I want is to bring my sister home from the bonded labour man. For 600 rupees (17 dollars) I can bring her home-that is our only chance to get her back. We don't have 600 rupees....we will never have 600 rupess." Lakshmi, nine year old cigarette roller in Tamil Nadu.
From True Grit, pg 31 on Child Labour.

In the midst of all the complaining about exams and what not, I am thankful that I have 17 dollars.

For more sister fun....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sister (singular)... you referring to which sister can make you angry? =p

Anonymous said...

Haha..there's a 50%^ chance u'll guess correctly

Anonymous said...

wah ur sister must be 'priviledged' to experience ur anger hahah ... but still salute u for being such a protective sister (cos i haven reach that std yet) haha...
wah like that ur husband next time would die la .. burn in ur fury hahah hahah