Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ho hum..

..humans forget so fast. or rather I do..

I remember the terror of exams especially in IMU; somehow exams in Australia are less nerve wercking. Where we fear failing sem 3/5. And pray desperately to God, "I just want to pass"

and now when I am working, I sometimes dread the irritating patients, pushy nurses, busy consultants.

of course, working also makes me realize I am no saint at all.
The impatience especially for patients who are not bothered to go to their GP for their cough but turn up in ED at 3am on a Sunday night.

..then I realize, I am privillaged to be where I am. Not because of my own smartness (of which I am not) but because of the grace of God that I am doing what I am doing..even if it means haggling with patients who refuse to be admitted that they need to be admitted while begging consultants to admit patients who do not need admission but who refuse to leave ED.

No comments: