Saturday, January 02, 2010

A trip up north

It was an impulsive trip, borne out of the realization that I will not get the chance to travel much next year and closed doors elsewhere. I must confess I did not pray much but just wrote to the missionary family I knew from DUMC.
One month later I was in Chiang Mai; not knowing what to expect without any agendas in mind.

The day market

The Living Waters Center that provides accommodation for cancer patients seeking treatment from rural Thailand in Chiang Mai. The center also has a T shirt painting scheme for young girls with the intention of training them up to be self supporting.


It's really a privilege to stay with locals there because they know where to eat and shop. Pictured is fried morning glory flowers with thai sauce.




The night gardens. It was winter in Chiang Mai when I went.



The day market and the food.






All in all the food was good, the shopping was alright but what I treasured the most was the opportunity to hear and share with them. It's been a long time since anyone has dared to speak truth into my life; confronting and challenging me in a godly way. It was also eye opening; both scary and encouraging to hear about real mission life with its' ups and downs.

I dare say that this holiday though only a few days long is a turning point for me. Although yes I still don't know how life will turn out (but who does) I am not worried. Indeed, I love this verse from Proverbs 31...

25
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

Looking forward to 2010!

No comments: