Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yours or mine?



Ever got one of those pesky supermarket trolleys whose wheels seem to have a mind of their own? When you try to steer it right, they would veer to the left instead. The condition of trolley wheels are at greater peril in Australia because customers are allowed to push them all the way back to home, as far as they want to; over roads, stones etc.

While getting a defected trolley works the abs during the duration of a shopping trip, there are similar parallels of my life with those wheels. How often have I sung "Lord I give you my life" and fail to realize if I've truly given Him my life, then He has full control to steer me wherever and in whatever conditions?

It is easy to give God full reign when things are nice; but to submit even when it seems like He's pushing the trolley into the inferno?

Yet if my life is really His, then I should be more prepared to yield despite human understanding. To yield even if He brings pain to those I really love.


If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
Daniel 3: 17-18

No comments: