Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pause

This is Sarah, reporting from Boring Network...haha..sorry if everything's long winded

It's been a whirlwind of all sorts before, during and after the EOS exams.
Save for the day I was down with fever from the tetanus shot, I don't think I've slept more than 6-7 hours a day for nearly a month. Nor more than a week in the same place/bed since exams ended.

Coupled with waking up everyday at 5.30 in Cambodia, sometimes earlier...the travelling, and finding out on late Saturday nite after arriving that I will start work on the next Monday...plus the CF retreat, Jehai mission trip, moving, meeting up with people and all...woah, the whole month's been exhaustive. I am thankful though for the super fun experiences and GOOD health! Maybe eating too much Vista food (esp the roadside stalls) has made my stomach strong as even after eating bugs, I'm still ok...Praise God that my team members who got sick with food poisoning in Cambodia are okay now too.

Suddenly after the whoosh of bonding, the silence can be a little unnerving. After sleeping 3 to a 2 person mat, being cramped 5 to a row in the van, going on boats in Temenggor...being among great friends for all the trips...it takes a little getting use to being on one's own again. You'd start to miss the lame jokes too (you'd think it just a CF thing but noooo it's a DUMC thing as well too, it's a miracle I can still walk).

And the tiredness that has been eclipsed all this while by the sheer excitement of experiencing different activities is starting to catch up with me now.

If I didn't take the afternoon off today, I would have just collapsed from the lab bench because peering through the microscope can just lull you to sleep! Added with the suspicion that a fever is starting to boil has rendered me out of action for the day. (my apologies to EP and Matt that I missed ur talk)

Though the busy schedule doesn't end here (I work from 8.30-5.30 everyday) plus my WHOLE family is flying allllllllll the way for my "ahem..not really official, quite incomplete, semi-convo" and with my sis and mum spending an additional 4-5 days after convo........

...........I guess, it's the blessed times with wonderful friends that I miss now... :)
To all my team members, most whom I don't think even know that my blog exists..haha..thanks loads!




More posts on Cambodia soon, if I can just find the time to write up...there's just so so much to share! I don't think words can do justice in describing the experiences learnt there...sigh, I miss the place already.

And of course, thanks for all the b'day wishes etc. Sorry again that I can't reply because it costs RM2per msg out!!!