Wednesday, January 16, 2008

For now..

I am so unprepared to start clinical school again on Monday!
Having arrived only in Dec and starting so soon, I don't feel rested enough.

And I am starting with a "great" block, palliative care.
For one thing, our medical blocks are randomly allocated and I already did an oncology block for my 1st posting last year. Is it a coincidence?

Have had great conversations.
It has convinced me more than ever, God does answer prayers but in ways we never imagined.
That those close are going deep because we prayed that we as a group of believers in IMU wanted to be doctors/health professionals who made a difference, who understood compassion. For until and unless we have wrestled with the questions of suffering, doubt and pain how can we ask dying people to look to God? How callous and shallow of us if we do.

No comments: